Saturday 13 August 2011

Childhood Memories : Ramadhan

My Childhood Memories : Ramadhan


Ramadhan, everytime when Fasting session came (Ramadhan) the first thing that will come to my mind is Hari Raya! It is pretty obvious when comes to raya we can hear the sound of fire crackers everywhere! there's a special memories involving fire crackers and Ramadhan to me. This happened back then when I was 9 years old, back at my grandma's house.

 The night before raya came, I'm the first one in the family that was excited to play fire crackers that time. Early that day, my dad told me that he bought alot of fire crackers for the family. That night, without telling my father, I rushed into our room at my grandma's house, searching for the fire crackers. It was hard finding the fire crackers, my dad said to me that those fire crackers are only for Hari raya's night. But, I can't wait anymore to play with the fire crackers! because I can hear the sound of fire crackers came from my neighbours house that made me even excited to play with them. That time, I trashed the whole room, just because  to find the fire crackers.  My father didn't tell me where he hid the fire crackers, so I have to find all the way from the bottom to top to find them. Finally, I found the fire crackers that my father hid under the mattress. There were 2 boxes of fire crackers under the mattress! 

I decided to take 1 plastic bag full with fire crackers with me but the plastic was too big for me to carry it. If I carry it downstairs the whole family will see me bringing the fire crackers from the room. So, I opened the window in our room, and without thinking, I threw the plastic bag outside. I then rushed down heading to the front door. I quickly search for the plastic bag that I threw just now. But I still can't find it. I search and search most parts around the house, but still can't be found. I then saw a large drain under the house, I then quickly jumped into the drain, I accidentally fell into the drain and my legs glued to the sloppy sands. without further thinking I then grab the plastic bag that I saw beside me. I tried to climb my way out of the drain, but it was too high for me to reach the top. I tried and tried to pulled myself up but I can't even move my legs that time. Nearly 20 mins I've been in the drain, trying to get myself out, I cried loudly after that. Then my father came 10 minutes after that, he quickly pulled me out from the drain. I can't stop crying that time. Inside the house,  whole family mad at me, all the screaming and yelling that made me cry even harder.

The morning after that, my mum grounded me from playing the fire crackers for 3 days. Everytime when my sisters are playing with the fire crackers outside, I will just sit on the stairs watching them playing with the fire crackers. Thinking of this past, It always bring my face to a smile. I learnt my lessons from all that happened. We must listen to our parents commands and will because they know what's the best for us. That's the most unforgettable memories of mine about Ramadhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment